The way that we see it, FOA.PLUS is a platform that will make everyone’s lives better.
* Students benefit by getting real-world experience working alongside professional authors and writers through internships and apprenticeships, learning to use live business tools to better manage their school lives and their everyday lives.
* Teachers benefit because they can coauthor digital textbooks, taking part in the inevitable switch over to digital. We are building the foundation of open online education market with teachers in mind, which is why they will share in the profits from sponsors placing advertisements in digital textbooks.
* Authors benefit because they get access to ideas they would have never thought of on their own. Everyone can still hold onto their “best” ideas but throw other ideas into the community, which will in turn lead to a major development force overall, matching creators up with one another.
* Academics benefit because they connect with other academic collaborators.
* Readers benefit because the stories and books available to them are more engaging. On top of that, readers can become micro-investors in books, novels, and other projects, earning a 10% profit share from the proceeds of the books – and perhaps even getting lucky and investing in the next Harry Potter or Lord of the Rings.
* Authors, writers, teachers, and students can purchase affordable fully-featured websites and set up their websites on a FOA.PLUS subdomain.
* Bookstores can also set up their site, where they can host subscription services at a fraction of the normal cost, among all of the previously mentioned features that are available for everyone.